FW: Impending Last Call for XSLT/XQuery/XPath documents

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Cotton [mailto:pcotton@microsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 23 March, 2005 7:40
To: David Ezell; Paul Grosso; aphillips@webmethods.com; duerst@w3.org;
Dan Connolly
Cc: chairs@w3.org; ij@w3.org; steve@w3.org
Subject: Impending Last Call for XSLT/XQuery/XPath documents

Chairs of XML Schema, XML Core, I18N and DAWG WGs

The XML Query and XSL WGs are planning to commence a Last Call on seven
of their documents on April 4, 2005.  The Last Call period for the above
seven documents will last for six weeks and will extend through to May
13, 2005.

This email is to confirm your previous oral agreement with our plan and
to confirm that your respective WGs can review our documents within the
specified Last Call period.

We expect to commence a Last Call for the following documents on April
4:

1) XSLT 2.0
2) XQuery 1.0
3) XPath 2.0
4) XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Functions and Operators
5) XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Data Model
6) XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 Serialization
7) XML Syntax for XQuery 1.0 (XQueryX)

In addition we also plan to publish the following companion documents at
the same time:

8) XQuery 1.0 Use Cases
9) XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Formal Semantics
10) XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Full-Text
11) XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Full-Text Use Cases
12) Building a Tokenizer for XPath or XQuery (new WD)

We expect a Last Call for the XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Formal Semantics
WD will be commenced some time later in April 2005.

Since I have previously obtained your oral agreement to this plan, I
will assume you remain satisfied with this plan unless I receive a
negative response to this email.

The XML Query and XSL WGs look forward to your reviews of these
documents.

/paulc
Chair, XML Query WG

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada