Re: xml:id implementation report [was: Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2005 January 19]

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 11:51:15AM -0500, Paul Grosso wrote:
> [...]

Sure:
--------
  The libxml2 library has had support for xml:id since version 2.6.9
released Apr 18 2004. The support is switched on by default, and xml:id
attributes when not in error are handled like DTD ID attributes. As a
result they are available as ID for libxml2 XPath, XPointer implementation,
as well as for XSLT, XML DSig and other tools or languages based on
the libxml2 library since then.
--------

This mean most recent linux version embbed at least one xml:id implementation,
and possibly the last Mac OS X version (I don't know what version they
shipped). Since it's simple enough it should not raise compatibility issues.
I also note I didn't got a single problem reported about xml:id since
it was plugged in libxml2.

Daniel

daniel@veillard.com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
http://veillard.com/ |