Re: FW: XML Core expects to publish a WG Note "Extending XLink 1.0"

/ Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com> was heard to say:
| FYI.

For something as informal as WG Note, I'm inclined to leave it as is.
But it wouldn't be hard to change before 27 Jan.

| Second, there is the issue of upgrading xlink:href to use IRIs
| more directly. The current spec for the value of the xlink:href
| attribute is a very circumscript but simplified description of
| what is essentially an IRI. Ideally, this would just be replaced
| with a reference to the IRI spec (which should be issued as an
| RFC very soon), but there are a few differences that have to
| be carefully considered.
|
| Independent of whether these changes can be made in the actual
| document (with an apparent publication date of January 27, this
| may be feasible or not), I hope that in particular the second
| issue will noted for future work. I personally expect the
| I18N Core WG to contact chairs when the IRI spec is published
| to look at updating issues across specs.

In light of the fact that I18N may wish us to do more with respect
to IRIs, I'm even more inclined to leave point 3 in the general
form "Allow IRIs".

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm