fragments and mime types [was: Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2005 February 23]

It turns out we had a potentially related issue long ago; see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-cg/1999Nov/0036
where Makoto and Simon StL asked to make the type attribute
optional, saying among other things:

>People at the IETF-XML-MIME ML believe that XML fragments (which
>are referenced by fragment identifiers) do not have media types.

Whatever we decide to do with the stylesheet PI spec, we better
check with folks like Makoto before going too far.