Re: Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2005 February 9

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 12:00:09PM -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:
> Attendees
> ---------

  Awfully sorry I forgot *again* to call :-(

> Henry: we should try to see if some of the major vendors actually
> implement the C14N spec or if they only copy xml:lang and xml:space.

  libxml2/xmlsec implementation is "per the spec" i.e. any attribute
in the XML namespace unfortunately :-(

> Richard: and see if they do xml:base wrong.

  That too, yes.

> Paul: I'm a little concerned that we're thinking about picking up C14N.
>
> John: if we try to fix C14N, we may find ourselves in the same
> position as we are with XML 1.1.

  yes it's a loose-loose situation :-(

> ACTION: Henry to raise this issue with the TAG.
>
> Norm, Henry, Richard, Dmitry prefer xml:id
>
> John prefers xmlid

  I favor xml:id . If the TAG say we are stuck, I could live with
xmlid though, but I'm not really happy about this.

> Paul is a little hard pressed to choose. Worried about restricting
> the xml: namespace. Leans towards xml:id but there's a cost there.

  Sorry again for missing the meeting I really need to set-up
an agenda or something :-(

Daniel

daniel@veillard.com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
http://veillard.com/ |