FW: Lightning talks at the Technical Plenary: Call for Proposals

-----Original Message-----
From: chairs-request@w3.org On Behalf Of Dominique Hazaël-Massieux
Sent: Wednesday, 02 February, 2005 3:03
To: chairs@w3.org
Subject: Lightning talks at the Technical Plenary: Call for Proposals

Dear Chairs.

One of the most popular items on the annual Technical Plenary Day
is the lightning talks session. Building upon the success of previous
years, we have an hour long slot [1] during which attendees may make a 3
minute presentation. A further 3 minutes will be allowed for each
speaker to answer questions from the audience.

Subject matter may be whatever takes your fancy (though obviously
relevant to the  W3C audience) and may represent the views of an
individual (the more controversial the better) or simply report on
interesting progress from a Working Group. The point is to make a point
and explain it as quickly as possible. Where we have more than one
speaker on a given topic we may elect to collapse the Q&A sessions into
a mini-panel, so don't worry if you suspect someone else may have
already grabbed your chosen subject.

We're accepting proposals now from all attendees. We expect to have
one or two slots open until the Tuesday evening for late breaking
news. Potential presenters should send suggested talk topics,
audio/visual requirements and any questions to member-techplenary@w3.org
  or to paul.downey@bt.com / dom@w3.org directly if you prefer.

So if you could share this call for talks with your Working Group,
that would be most appreciated.

Paul Downey,
Dominique Hazaël-Massieux
2005 Technical Plenary Planning Committee

1. Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2005/03/02-TechPlenAgenda