RE: XLink 1.1, let's get the party started

John,

Can you outline some pros and cons to making this change?

Why would you like to see this change?  In what way is the
current behavior sub-optimal?  What are the chances someone
is taking advantage of the current behavior and will be
negatively affected by such a change?