FW: Protocol Action: 'Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs)' to Proposed Standard

-----Original Message-----
From: chairs-request@w3.org [mailto:chairs-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of
Martin Duerst
Sent: Thursday, 09 December, 2004 23:18
To: chairs@w3.org
Subject: Fwd: Protocol Action: 'Internationalized Resource Identifiers
(IRIs)' to Proposed Standard

Dear Chairs,

As you may read below, the IRI spec
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duerst-iri-11.txt)
is now officially approved by the IESG as a Proposed Standard.
It may still take a few months for it to be published as an RFC,
but there is no obstacle anymore to referencing IRIs normatively.

If you have any particular questions regarding how to update your
specification to point to IRIs rather than to describe something
close to IRIs yourself, please feel free to contact me at any time.

As a next step, we are planning to do some testing. Because of the
nature of IRIs, they have to be tested in the context of a particular
format. If you have somebody in your group who might be able to help,
I'd be very glad to know.

Regards,    Martin.