Re: XHTML Basic 1.1 and XHTML MP

Roland:

 This is Yam.
 Thank you for your summarizing the long thread. It makes my life far
easier.

 I don't quite catch What Luca asked.

 Let's assume Luca asked how the wap-input-format can be implemented in
inputmode.
 It is completely wrong to blame W3C on this issue.
 When OMA decided to converge to XHTML Basic 1.1 and CSS Mobile Profile
2.0, OMA decided to make all wap-input-format "obsolete".
 This is OMA decision, with pains.
 Obsolete means "For user agent developers, properties that have been designated as obsolete SHOULD NOT be built into new implementations. Older implementations MAY still support these properties. However, all implementations MUST be able to parse, and at a minimum ignore obsoleted syntax."

 There is no longer bit-by-bit backward compatibility to
"wap-input-format", and this funcationality should be implemented by
ECMAScript if they wish. It is a result of 2-year collaboration of
W3C-OMA to make converged specs. It is with pain, but rewarding, we
believe.

 Best Regards,

-- Yam