Re: [XHTML] XML Events 2 : script element, @implements

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:38:22 +0200, Roland Merrick
<roland_merrick@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> The script element will support an additional attribute: "implements"
>
> implements attribute is defined as follows:
> the implements attributes specifies that the script identified by the
> @src
> provides an implementation of the specified namespace. The script should
> only be loaded and used if the user agent does not have an implementation
> of the specified namespace.
>
> example:
>   <script src="xmlEvents2.js" type="...." implements="
> http://www.w3.org/2001/xml-events" />
>
> Question 1: is this what the participants thought was agreed?

Yes, except that it isn't just @src, but also the contents of the script
element.

> Question 2: if it was, then is a namespace not too coarse a unit? Should
> we identify features within a namespace, perhaps a feature might be
> equivalent to an XHTML module.

We didn't discuss more than the namespace. I'd personally be happy with
the namespace (I think), but I'd be happy to discuss it.

> Question 3: how, if it all, does this relate to the DOM hasFeature
> method?

Also needs discussion. I have no answers at present.

Steven