[FYI distribution note] Re: Role attribute values

[switched Cc: address for PFWG]

The message I just sent

http://www.w3.org/mid/90A2E5E5-853C-4876-965E-42FC3AA7FD49@IEEE.org

was addressed to wai-xtech in lieu of w3c-wai-pf.  As the
material I am responding to is all in the publicly-visible archives,
the wai-xtech list is a preferred forum for follow-up discussions
where there is no Member dependency in the remarks.

Al

<quote
cite="http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/charter200612#Communication">
Discussions that are relevant to the PFWG scope and do not depend on
W3C Member Confidential sources should be addressed to the publicly
archived mailing list with email address wai-xtech@w3.org.
</quote>

On 7 Apr 2008, at 1:56 PM, Mark Birbeck wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I've been asked to forward these comments to those involved in ARIA.
> Obviously I am happy to do that, but I would just say that I think
> some of my comments relate to exactly what @role is all about, and
> therefore raise some conceptual issues.
>
> In other words, I think there may need to be some parallel discussion
> over on the XHTML 2 list, about exactly how the values that are
> 'imported' into the XHTML vocab list should be structured.

[disclaimer: haven't reviewed the archives for any such.  I just
have a few clarifications to suggest, not an exhaustive response.]

<snip/>