Re: XHTML 1.1 (Feb 2007 WD) as text/html?

The resolution of the working group was that we needed to continue to
say that XHTML-M12N based markup languages, including XHTML 1.1, SHOULD
be served as application/xhtml+xml - we do not prohibit their being
served other ways.  There was a discussion at the f2f in Cannes about
changing this to text/html, and a draft was produced that said that.
However, there were many strong objections to it and the working group
instructed me to change it back.  I am sure I could find the references,
but its like 5 AM here and I am not at the top of my game.