Re: Getting Serious about WebID Bootstrap

On 9/28/12 3:02 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> Excerpts from Kingsley Idehen's message of 2012-09-28 18:45:12 +0000:
>> On 9/28/12 8:14 AM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
>>> Excerpts from Kingsley Idehen's message of 2012-09-28 11:36:21 +0000:

>>> currently i use terminal based client 'sup' (similar to mutt) which can sign using PGP, i consider switching to http://notmuchmail.org and use some browser based frontend to it ex. https://github.com/peterkeen/speedee
>>>
>>> any suggestions on signing emails using browser based email clients?
>>>

>> I am yet to encounter a hosted email system (bar ODS-Mail from us) that
>> allows you send signed emails.
> hmmm... i talk about open source webmail which i could patch myself if needed...
> how do you do it in your ODS-Mail? i understand you need to do it from javascript using your client cert in a browser? all clues warmly welcomed :D thx!

ODS (OpenLink Data Spaces) leverages a Virtuoso hosted keystore.

With the new W3C crypto APIs [1]  it should be possible to leverage
local OS key stores via Javascript, once someone implements a library
for various operating systems that can be plugged into browsers.

Links:

1. http://www.w3.org/TR/WebCryptoAPI/ -- W3C Crytpo API

Founder & CEO