Re: Slash URIs and WebID Experiment

On 1/10/12 11:58 AM, Jürgen Jakobitsch wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm not sure if this webid [1] meets your test criteria. anyway here are the results.
>
> 1. http://id.myopenlink.net/ods/webid_demo.html
>     accepted
> 2. https://webid.turnguard.com:8443/WebIDTestServer/
>     accepted
> 3. https://resourceme.bergnet.org
>     failed
>     3.1. http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/earl/RelyingParty#profileGet =>  failed
>     and consequently all tests southwards failed.
> 4. http://webid.fcns.eu/
>     passed (when using https://auth.fcns.eu/auth/index.php?authreqissuer=http://webid.fcns.eu/index.php)
>     passed (when using https://foafssl.org/srv/idp?authreqissuer=http://webid.fcns.eu/index.php)
> 5. https://foafssl.org/test/WebId
>     passed
>
> cleared cache, cookies and active logins (in firefox) and retried
>
> 6. https://resourceme.bergnet.org
>     failed
>     6.1. http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/earl/RelyingParty#profileAllKeysWellFormed =>  failed
>     and consequently all tests southwards failed.
>
> wkr j
>
> [1] http://www.turnguard.com/turnguard

Jurgen,

For WebID, great i.e., you put it in SAN and it worked.

For Linked Data no [1][2]!

What you have proven is this: WebID doesn't need the full fidelity of
Linked Data. If it did, then your use of a slash URI that returns a 200
OK means Name/Address ambiguity, a Linked Data no-no. Ultimately, you
end up with problems associated with object equivalence fidelity (be it
by names or values). Using more conventional Linked Data parlance, via
this URI, you are confusing yourself with a document.

Conclusion: your slash URI doesn't exhibit the same Linked Data
characteristics demonstrated by mine [3][4]. That's not a bad thing
since my fundamental point is that:

1.  my slash based HTTP URI is generated by my Linked Data platform.

2. use of my platform or others, shouldn't be the base requirement for
WebID if it seeks full Linked Data fidelity as a mandatory requirement
for HTTP URIs in a Certs. SAN.

You are proving my point !

SPARQL Query Proof:

## using old WebID query pattern since your graph is using old WebID
related relations still

PREFIX : <http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/cert#>
PREFIX xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>
SELECT * WHERE  {
?identity cert:identity <http://www.turnguard.com/turnguard> .
?identity rsa:modulus ?m ;
          rsa:public_exponent ?e . }

SPARQL Protocol URL Links:

1. http://uriburner.com/c/IBZM4R -- sparql query results
2. http://uriburner.com/c/IBJUQG --  sparql query editor.

Links:

1. http://uriburner.com/c/IBJUQP -- URI debugger output (note: re.
Linked Data that should be a 200 OK)

2. http://uriburner.com/c/IBJUQS -- note how it shows you only have
descriptor (information) resource address

3. http://uriburner.com/c/IBZM45 -- notice the 303 (how HTTP message
exchange is used to facilitate indirection via redirection)

4. http://uriburner.com/c/IBYXSV -- note how the report concludes that I
have a generic Name distinct from a descriptor (information) resource
address.

Thank you once again, for helping me showcase an inevitable problem for
those who want to start their WebID journey in commodity/consumer mode
leveraging "cut, paste, and place at an address" patterns i.e., the most
common Web technology exploitation pattern.

Solutions:

1. Lower Linked Data fidelity requirements in WebID -- it becomes an
option, so 200 OK is fine if the SPARQL ASK still works
2. Allow multiple HTTP URIs in SAN where functions are clear re. Name
and Address roles
3. Consider another (optional) location for the descriptor (information)
resource address e.g. sIA.

We need at least one of the above to address the problem introduced by
HTTP URIs. One that many just don't understand until bitten.

Kingsley

Founder&  CEO