Re: FOAF SSL success, form windows RDFa (via linked data)

On 1/9/12 8:27 PM, Peter Williams wrote:
> ok, so since there is so little time left,
>

> the SAN URI has http://foo/x#me (for now).I will assume validators will not follow any HTTP code other than an 200.
>

> The service locator for the cert:key ( in its ASN.1 subjectpublic blob form, within the cert, as encoded using DER) in question can point to a service access point, and endpoints can refer. They can refer to other endpoints in the normal course of re-locating service delivery access points, or make 303 types statements (which I failed to mint, after an hour of trying, since ASp.NET MVC3 just doesnt want me to).
>

> I note that I have two choices, for the URI I put in the service locator :
>

> if I put this: http://uriburner.com/about/id/entity/http/idweb.cloudapp.net:8080/Home/About, im expecting the UA to use content negotation, and pull down its teh object in favorite encoding rules (much like any layer 6 psap, negotiating the presentation data value (PDV)). Im goint to assume asking for the RDFa access type is not advised, here
>

> If I am a browser to said URI, I will get a redirect to another document in human readable HTML
>
> http://uriburner.com/about/html/http://uriburner.com/about/id/entity/http/idweb.cloudapp.net:8080/Home/About
>

> Whats more, its RDFa parsable, at least for doctypes etc.
>

> I think this means that I put in
>

> 1 SAN URI: http://idweb.cloudapp.net:8080/Home/About#me
>

> 2 and subject identity URI:  http://uriburner.com/about/id/entity/http/idweb.cloudapp.net:8080/Home/About
> 3 and subject identity URI:  http://uriburner.com/about/html/http://uriburner.com/about/id/entity/http/idweb.cloudapp.net:8080/Home/About
>

> A validating agent can pull its favoriate machine-centric PDV from 2. A RDFa-aware validating agent can pull alternatively from 3. It may be possible for a VA asking for text/html or application/xhtml to get redirected from 2 to 3.
>

> By some magic I dont understand, a validating agent can also get from
>
> http://uriburner.com/about/id/entity/http/idweb.cloudapp.net:8080/Home/About to the equivalent of an XRD, identifying service access points. This seems to involve some somehow posting arguments that induces the page to morph to a different rdf type as its basis.

Yes, this is a proxy URI that's produced by our in-built Linked Data
middleware. Install Virtuoso + the sponger middleware module and you
have the same thing in the domain of your choosing. We just use
URIBurner to showcase this functionality while also offering a public
Linked Data transformation service etc..

Goto:
http://linkeddata.informatik.hu-berlin.de/uridbg/index.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Furiburner.com%2Fabout%2Fid%2Fentity%2Fhttp%2Fidweb.cloudapp.net%3A8080%2FHome%2FAbout&useragentheader=&acceptheader=
.

Just follow the links from the HTTP responses, and you'll quickly
decipher the seems magical. It's just RESTful interaction that includes
content negotiation as and when required.

> Finally, on the HTML form of the serice deliver page (3), we see such as
>

> http://uriburner.com/rdfdesc/oat/crypto.js
> http://uriburner.com/rdfdesc/oat/xpath.js
> http://www.facebook.com/dialog/oauth?api_key=172525162793917&app_id= ....
>

> here we see that the RDFa page is more thah a mere serialization alternative, for a PDV. Its even IS a service client implementation, and can be bearing such as the javascript for the very SSL client implementation that will now make use of the access points.
>

> very very nice.

Yes!

Thanks for deciphering all of this.

> This is a variant of what I wanted to do a long time with someone from javasoft long time ago (that Bellovin crushed), in putting javascript into the cert's HTML extension, making the cert into a mobile page - with its own implementation of the service access method it keyed.

We've always felt that Linked Data's value proposition should actually
manifest via LINKs :-)

Founder&  CEO