Re: Thank you for saving my (Peter Williams') sanity...

On 1/8/12 5:59 PM, Tantek Çelik wrote:
> and a third choice:
>
> 3. microformats (which actually has had some direct support in Firefox
> for years, since version 3, and is usable via JS in all browsers via
> their DOMs' 'class' and 'rel' attribute interfaces).

Tantek,

Do you have suggestions for hCard fields that hold the following:

1. URL to an x.509 resource -- this would be the address of a blob that
holds data from the hCard
2. x.509 certificate fingerprint -- this could be SHA1 or MD5 (note this
is a splice of the x.509 cert above)
3. Public Key components -- in the form of Modulus and Exponent of the
x.509 cert above.

Net effect, the hCard becomes a resource for holding mirrored claims
that can be used to make an identifier associated with a subject
verifiable. With that in place, Micformats will provide yet another
option for HTML as mechanism holding mirrors of claims from an x.509
cert. In addition, the subject is empowered with the ability the place
said document at an Address of their choosing on the Web. No need for
HTTP server control or access etc..

Solve this, and we have solved a major InterWeb headache re. verifiable
identity via exploitation of existing infrastructure.

Founder&  CEO