Re: wot won Thing, asked W3C Identity Conference

On 7 January 2012 19:51, Peter Williams <home_pw@msn.com> wrote:
> Your innovating again. Trying to change the space. That contrasts with my
> model (use what's there, at tiny extra cost). SOme happy medium has to
> emerge I(with a promise that the cycle repeats)
>
> Its hard. Which is just more enabling?
>
> 1. make the older client cert stuff work in the old client/server browser
> with vendor-controlled crypto, but done right for late-stage usage patterns
> of 20 years old stuff
>
> 2. take the new pipe with user controlled javascript crypto, and dump
> client/server for secure signalling.
>
> Does one leap 4 bridges or 2. Can the tanks really keep up with the elite
> parachutists, as they lumber along through the mud?

I already use a browser (dooble with interface plugin) that is a full
duplex server ... it encrypts chat in realtime using the key in my
WebID.

I can even play an encrypted game of chess using that key, with more
features coming soon.

It's not a mainstream use of PKI, but it works today and my hope is
that one day it will be.  That's what I think will be the game changer
... but there's lots of dots to join on the way ...