RE: WebID equivalence

Concerning validation-centric thinking, and 3 generations of root ca that ive been involved in, see http://yorkporc.wordpress.com/2012/01/03/validation-fabric-and-uri-in-cn/ Note type 3. Its has a URI in the CN.  The world didnt collapse. In fact, there are 3 roots that have that display name, onbe of which got sold for a million dollars as an asset transfer, and is now owned by folks who do NOT control www.valicert.com domain name (if it even exists). A certain lawyer (rather famous these days in goverment circles on federal trust networking) also wroteup the policy, for a validation-centric reliance model. SOmeone even wrote up an aligned (Mphil-grade) phd dissertaion addressing the theory (that was classifed as total crap, on examination). But, its fun being on the leading edge.  > From: mo.mcroberts@bbc.co.uk