Re: design issue when dereferencing a foaf-profile with public key

On 9/29/11 2:06 PM, Jürgen Jakobitsch wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i have a question concerning linked data principles and a dereferencing a foaf-profile
> with a public key.
>
> currently it is apparently necessary that two (=2) resources are dereferenceable under one (=1) (the foaf:Persons's) uri.
> that is because there's no predicate linking from a foaf:Person to a RSAPublicKey. I could have a RSAPublicKey
> available at some-uri stating that it's cert#identity is some remote resource, which would be totally legal
> linked data, but when using the foaf uri from a certificate there's no chance i find the coresponding RSAPublicKey.

You assume that there are no WebID authentication/verification protocol
implementations that also include follow-your-nose crawling :-)

FYI -- that's integral to Virtuoso's WebID implementation. It even
includes reasoning and transitive closures at LOD scales.
> 1. has this issue already been discussed?

Yes, there was a thread between Peter Williams and I about this. He
raised this matter way back, so to speak.

> 2. is it not considered an issue but simply the way it is?
> 3. would a predicate like "hasPublicKey" improve things?
>
> any comment or opinion really appreciated
> wkr http://www.turnguard.com/turnguard

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com