Re: www-authenticate challenge in case of http 401

On 8 Sep 2011, at 09:34, Jürgen Jakobitsch wrote:

> hi,
>
> i found some discussion [1] on the value of the www-authenticate
> header in case of client-cert.
>
> is there an agreement on how this header should look like,
> in case i have to respond with a 401 error page.
>
> [1] http://www6.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tls/current/msg05589.html

Hi Jürgen, thanks for reminding us of this e-mail by Bruno. I have opened ISSUE-58 - Login/Logout behaviour to cover this.

I think that Bruno's point was a very good one and we should put this in the final report of things for the HTTP folks to look at. Perhaps someone can open an issue for bruno on the relevant issue tracker so that we can follow this up here.