cert:fingerprint ?

On 10/25/11 4:07 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 10/25/11 3:02 PM, Henry Story wrote:
>> Ok, it is certainly possible to have a link from a
>> cert:X509Certificate to a fingerprint. But what is the use you wish
>> to make of this? Ie. the use case.
>>
> I want to be able to use Blog Posts, Tweets as resources that hold the
> relation between a WebID and its host Certificate. Thus, instead of
> being confined to modulus and exponent based checks, I can just use
> the Certs. fingerprint.
>
> BTW -- I already have this working i.e., I can use a Tweet or Blog
> Post to persist the fingerprint. The as part of our particular WebID
> verification protocol implementation, use this approach to verify
> identity. Thus, we are lowering the barrier of entry by allowing
> people to publish their certificates (with WebID watermarks) via Blog
> Posts, Tweets etc..
>
> I hope the usecase is clear? It's really important for us to find a
> low cost pattern that highly viral re. WebID.

Henry,

So it goes like this:

#me hasCertificate [ a cert:X509Certificate; hasFingerprint
"F3:46:11:63:D9:5A:22:10:5F:4A:AD:65:33:50:DE:27" ; hasFingerprintDigest
<md5> ]

seeAlso:
http://search.twitter.com/search.json?q=%40Fingerprint:F3:46:11:63:D9:5A:22:10:5F:4A:AD:65:33:50:DE:27
-- structured data from Twitter space

The rest is transformation, and even better if said transformation is
based on WOT ontology.

President&  CEO
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: kidehen