Updated spec draft with cert:key

From: Stéphane Corlosquet <scorlosquet@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 15:03:15 +0000
To: Henry Story <henry.story@gmail.com>, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Cc: WebID Incubator Group WG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14 Oct 2011, at 15:38, Stéphane Corlosquet wrote:
>
> On Oct 14, 2011 9:15 AM, "Henry Story" <henry.story@gmail.com> wrote:
> >    Does someone want to take on the task of rewriting the examples in the
> spec to use cert:key instead of cert:identity ?
>
> I have a branch on github with the inverse cert:identity, just need to
> update to the new property name. I guess I could commit it right away to the
> main repo since we have reached consensus now..
>
> probably best to have the cert:identity as optional (or both as optional)
> for the time being. We don't have that many rebids around but it will be a
> pitty to reduce our base immediately.

Henry, Melvin, are you talking about the cert ontology or the webid spec?

I agree with your point re the ontology. But I don't think the spec should
include examples with the deprecated cert:identity, that's just making it
confusing for new people willing to implement WebID. See below for more
details...

I've pushed some changes to my github repo [1] including updated examples
with the new cert:key. You can view a live HTML version at
http://files.openspring.net/tmp/webid-cert-identity-rev/spec/index-respec.html.
I've added a note next to the definition of cert:key about the old
cert:identity so that people who are still implementing cert:identity know
what's going on, here is what it says:

[[[
cert:identity was previously used to associate an RSAPublicKey with a WebID
URI. cert:identity has been deprecated in favor of its inverse property
cert:key. Implementors are encouraged to publish WebID Profile Documents
using cert:key. During this transitional period, implementations consuming
WebID Profile Documents might still support the deprecated cert:identity as
well as the stable cert:key.
]]]

Steph.

[1] https://github.com/scor/webid-spec/tree/cert-identity-rev