Re: Wikipedia goes https

Hi All,

Excuse the top-post!

As far as I am aware wikipedia has been doing https for a long time (see below). I have been using this awesome HTTPS-Everywhere plugin for a while now, and other people should too :)

https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere

And my wikipedia urls have been redirecting to urls of the below form, fwiw:

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Nature_%28journal%29

Mischa

On 3 Oct 2011, at 19:58, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> On 3 October 2011 20:49, Henry Story <henry.story@gmail.com> wrote:
>> An interesting article.
>>
>>  http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/wikipedia_enables_https_for_privacy_in_browsing.php
>>
>> Another reason is certainly to remove Firesheep type attacks, so that people who
>> are editing can't be faked.
>
> nice!
>
> Perhaps the ISP snooping is a bigger threat than firesheep?
>

>> (And of course the real reason is preparation to the implementation of WebID, but shhh...)
>>

>> Henry
>>
>> Social Web Architect
>> http://bblfish.net/

Mischa Tuffield PhD