RE: ACL

 In terms of work activity organization there are perhaps 5 threads:

- the ssl handshake, and its relation to assertions, claims, certs, secure communications, speak-for channels, and webids

- naming authorities producing foaf cards supportin the theory of urirefs

- key manegement, trust path discovery, trust path closure between servers & browers exchaning ssl handshake messages

- access control to resources, based on self-asserted claims to a foaf card in linked data space

- overarching identity model, where in a foaf card there are named-graphs referencible using https URIs, where the very same URI may be cited in a cert which, when used in SSL client auth procedure,  works to assert the named-graph to a server perform resource-0level access control. (ugh.)