Re: Another Translator for RDF

Yes. Then the market begins, and products get made. Folks get employed, and a few milionaries get made. I don't care my boss as verisign made a billion dollars. He also made 500 millionaires. The anti capitalist bent of webid does no one any favors.

One feature that never worked on the net was client Certs. The feature was not even in nt4 (they just didnt do it...)

This is the second coming, trying to fit with the web this time. U can use XML/dsig rather than asn1, for all it matters - as in the signed Xrd world.

What I did last month was go back in time and look at how windows 2000 was supposed to work, with Certs and ctls. One can dig and see this in what is left of the original Microsoft/Cisco partnership in secure telephony (before they fell out). I got to see the architecture for 30k devices in 1000 sites enrolling with Certs, using ctls tied to routes and routing zones, and post-telco (ie voip-centric) trust networking for h323 & sip phones (pure peer/peer).

It's all recast in Linux terms now (it's taken 10 years for linux to catch up with windows 2000). But you can see (since customers demand the windows phone switches still work) the parity. While client certs really all fell out of the core in windows (during the second dark age of x500 after 2001) one can see how it all was intended to scale and work, etc.

Sent from my iPhone