Re: PGP aside

In a former life, I spent a lot of effort on authenticide (and the windows driver signing).

Eventually one of classmates from school got around to doing java jar singing.

Webid was not conceived as an assured key distribution system. It's for site login (with semweb providing unique assurances, most of which have yet to really be demonstrated as fulfilling their potential).

We really must not think that we have done anything that supports content distribution. This typically requires a validity model designed for decades and failure modes quite distinct from those affecting site login or blog following/commenting etc.

But there is hope. First, let's get reliable ssl session client auth. We are at year 3.... At just this step.

Sent from my iPhone