Re: The Science of Insecurity

On 29 Dec 2011, at 16:00, Henry Story wrote:

> Here is a very interesting talk given at the 28c3 in Berlin today on how to analyse protocols for insecurity, using language complexity and the turing halting problem as a basic measure to delimit what cannot be resolved.
>
>   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kEfedtQVOY
>
> So it would be an interesting work to look at the components we are using to see how these fit into this.

The speaker in the Q&A session mentions the project that showed recently that HTML5 + css3 leads to a turing complete state machine - and this without javascript! I think this is the project

   https://github.com/elitheeli/oddities/blob/master/rule110-grid.html

Now luckily we don't require the use of css in html5 when parsing the metadata that is contained therein. But if javascript tools executing inside the html5 were to start parsing then they would certainly have this problem.