Re: publickey link relation for WebFinger?

On 12/16/11 3:33 PM, Peter Williams wrote:
> Cert refers not to certificate but the certificate type... In the ssl
> spec. Todate, there are 2 blobs/types: x509 and pgp (see gnu tls
> libraries for the pgp cipher suites)
>
> If u look at my code, it distinguishes referencing the cert type from
> the x509 cert type specifically. Interpreting the context property as
> x509 required a specific cast (which would throw type checking errors
> if infact a pgp cert type was tied to the property).
>
> Subtle. But it's the difference between code designed to type check as
> part of the assurance requirements and code that is a script parsing
> strings.
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Yes, it's always easier when the ontology and the world is defines is
readable.
Others see:

1.
http://uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2Fns%2Fauth%2Fcert%23
-- main Ontology
2.
http://uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2Fns%2Fauth%2Fcert%23Certificate
-- Certificate definitions within Ontology .

Kingsley

> [...]
>>

>>>     What I envision is something like the following:
>>>
>>>     <Link rel="publickey"
>>>           type="http://salmon-protocol.org/ns/magic-key"
>>>           href="http://example.com/mymagic-keys.json"/>
>>>
>>>     The idea is that, when using protocols like Salmon Magic
>>>     Signatures
>>>     <http://salmon-protocol.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/draft-panzer-magicsig-01.html>,
>>>     you would be able to say "This was signed with
>>>     acct:bob@example.com <mailto:acct%3Abob@example.com>'s key" and
>>>     have people then use WebFinger to fetch the public key that
>>>     should be used to verify the signature.
>>
>>     I think if web finger were reliably to be able to point people to
>>     your WebID then that would be a very good place to publish your
>>     public keys.
>>

>>>     (Yes, I am aware that Magic Signatures already defines a
>>>     Property serialization for magic-keys, however, I'd like to be
>>>     able to link to the keys as well as have a general mechanism,
>>>     not specific to Magic Signatures, for linking to keys that might
>>>     be in other formats -- such as X.509 certificates.)
>>>
>>>     bob wyman
>>>

>>>     On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Peter Saint-Andre
>>>     <stpeter@stpeter.im <mailto:stpeter@stpeter.im>> wrote:
>>>
>>>         On 12/14/11 12:11 PM, Gonzalo Salgueiro wrote:
>>>         >
>>>         > On Dec 14, 2011, at 12:26 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>>>         >
>>>         >> On 12/14/11 10:18 AM, Paul E. Jones wrote:
>>>
>>>         <snip/>
>>>
>>>         >>> My thinking for the link relations is that we ought to
>>>         investigate
>>>         >>> using the registry that was established by RFC 5988.
>>>          So, rather than
>>>         >>> have link relations sprinkled around the web, should we
>>>         centralize
>>>         >>> them at IANA?
>>>         >>
>>>         >> s/investigate using/use/
>>>         >>
>>>         > I'm in full agreement here and immediately see the benefit
>>>         of such
>>>         > centralization.
>>>         >
>>>         > Peter - What is the best way to kick that off?  I suppose
>>>         a separate
>>>         > draft/RFC would be required  to establish an IANA registry
>>>         for link
>>>         > relations.  If so, I can get started on making that happen.
>>>
>>>         Mark Nottingham (cc'd) already did that work for you... :)
>>>
>>>         http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5988
>>>
>>>         The registry is here:
>>>
>>>         http://www.iana.org/assignments/link-relations/link-relations.xml
>>>
>>>         Instructions for registering new relations are here:
>>>
>>>         http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5988#section-6.2.1
>>>
>>>         However, Mark might be simplifying those procedures (in line
>>>         with recent
>>>         thinking about making it easier to interact with IANA).
>>>
>>>         Some examples of forthcoming relation registrations can be
>>>         found in
>>>         three documents that I'm currently shepherding at the IETF:

Founder&  CEO