Re: default hashtags

On 12/2/11 1:50 PM, Peter Williams wrote:

> The test site is behaving as I want (though I dont know if its
> conforming, or going "beyond" the spec). its natural, and useful. It
> works well with the same blogsite also serving as an openid delegation
> point.
>
> To accomplish the following, all I did was what is "user natural". I
> took my RDFa from the spec, changed the mod value, changed to integer
> typing for the exponent, duplicated that ...so a second graph has
> localid of #, added an openid relation to the #-=identiied graph, and
> made a cert with 3 URIs, as shown below.
>
> If the following holds true to the spirit of this movement, Ill stop
> putting #tags in the URIs of my certs (assuming that the RDFa marks
> the graph with the default # tag).
>

> * Checking ownership of certificate (public key matches private
> key)... PASSED (Reason: GENEROUS)
>
> * Checking if certificate contains URIs in the subjectAltName field...
> PASSED
>
> * Found 3 URIs in the certificate (a maximum of 3 will be tested).
>
> * Checking URI 1 (http://yorkporc.blogspot.com/)...
> - Trying to fetch and process certificate(s) from webid profile...
> Testing if the modulus representation matches the one in the webid
> (found a modulus value)...
>
> Testing modulus... PASSED
> WebID=b94692148969aeb.......c165dfa03526b25
> Cert =b94692148969aeb.......c165dfa03526b25
>
> *Match found, ignoring futher tests!*
>
> * Authentication successful!
>

> Your certificate contains the following WebIDs:
>
>   * http://yorkporc.blogspot.com/
>   * http://yorkporc.blogspot.com/#
>   * http://yorkporc.blogspot.com/2011/11/2uri.html#me
>

> The WebID URI used to claim your identity is:
>
>   * http://yorkporc.blogspot.com/ (your claim was SUCCESSFUL!)

Your choice of "/" or "#" terminated URI re. WebID verification is
important since we are using hyperlinks as object names/handles rather
than object access addresses (URLs). Basically, good old indirection
based data access by reference. This fidelity comes into play when you
actually put WebID to use performing basic equivalence reasoning. This
is why http: scheme hyperlinks are unintuitive object identifiers since
they are more commonly used as resource access addresses. This is why a
mailto: scheme URI + Webfinger within context of WebID works more
intuitively, you don't have the burden of Name or Address
disambiguation. Of course, you then end up with a different cost re.
data access, but that's covered on the XRD front via hammer stack [1].

The SPARQL ASK is of the form:

PREFIX :<http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/cert#>
PREFIX xsd:<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>
ASK {
<ObjectID-Which-Maybe-Hash-or-Slash-terminated>  :key [
:modulus "{modulus}"^^xsd:hexBinary;
:exponent "{exponent}"^^xsd:integer;
] .
}

For now, I encourage you to stick with keeping the "#" in use while in
user mode.

Links:

1. http://hueniverse.com/2009/03/the-discovery-protocol-stack/ -- hammer
stack.

Kingsley

>  *

> Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 13:18:26 -0500
> From: kidehen@openlinksw.com
> To: public-xg-webid@w3.org
> Subject: Re: default hashtags
>
> On 12/2/11 12:53 PM, Peter Williams wrote:
>
>     My brain is such that I dont remember technical stuff for more
>     than a few months, unless its refreshed. I dont remember the rules
>     of hashtags, anymore.
>
>     if I put http://yorkporc.blogspot.com/  in the SAN URI of the
>     certs, will hat get treated asIf http://yorkporc.blogspot.com/#
>     for the purposes of SPARQL ASK?
>
>     Im hoping I can change my graph in my webid profile to stop using
>     #me as the RDFa-coded graph's localid, but use # instead, so the
>     above would all dereference
>
>     Does it?
>
>     If it doesnt happen by default, is there any statement I could put
>     in my graph at http:/yorkporc.blogspot.com/#me today to that would
>     induce the validation agent doing SPARQL ASK (when agumented with
>     an RDFS reasoner, perhaps) to have view SAN URI of
>     http://yorkporc.blogspot.com/   asIF
>     http://yorkporc.blogspot.com/# (and/or
>     http:/yorkporc.blogspot.com/2uri.html#me)
>

> Use: http:/yorkporc.blogspot.com/#me (which is what has to be in the
> cert. SAN) for SPARQL ASK query patterns, that URI identifies the
> entity that has a relation with the modulus and exponent parts of the
> "mirrored claims" held in the IdP hosted profile graph.
>
> BTW - you still have the issue of retrieving the profile graph. This
> is where the FROM clause comes into play re. some SPARQL engines. For
> instance, Virtuoso (our engine) will perform an HTTP GET subject to
> in-built cache invalidation rules. Of course, you can override using
> pragmas.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Kingsley Idehen