Re: the openid para

On 4/28/11 11:34 AM, Jeff Sayre wrote:
> I do no think we are snubbing our noses at the wonderful technological
> progress that the OpenID community brought to the identity issue. We are
> acknowledging OpenID and then saying that WebID is the next generation.
WebID 'Next Genertion' OpenID == a relation where the Object is
naturally perceived to be dying and stale :-)

WebID builds on OpenID to alleviate:

1.  costs associated with passwords
2.  exposure to hard to remember and unintuitive URLs

Does delivers a similar message. Basically, it indicates that WebID is
making claim for the apex of the value pyramid without ejecting OpenID
in the process :-)

> I suppose we could alter the paragraph, but I'm not too sure whether we
> can officially resubmit past the deadline. Even if we can, does it make
> that big of a difference? Our oral presentation can better build the
> bridge between OpenID and WebID in a manner that gives OpenID its proper
> respect.
We can evolve the living resource in Henry's data space. Workshops come
and go. Web resource URLs are forever -- their associated resources
remain time variant :-)

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com