Re: the openid para

On 4/28/11 9:37 AM, Henry Story wrote:
> When setting out to make a new discovery one always has to differentiate oneself from the
> others, by emphasizing certain things that appear irrational and unimportant to the main team.
> A vegetarian for examples makes a decision to stop eating meat.

Back home in Nigeria we have a saying that goes something like this:

When a chicken visits a new patch its stands on one foot first.

Sadly, Microsoft messed up the concept of: embrace and extend, so its
hard to simply say: embrace and extend, when you have unobtrusive
introduction of new innovations in mind.

This is all about the same fundamental theme: be broad and inclusive at
all times when introducing new concepts to an existing continuum.

What of the greatest powers of WebID is that it will soon unveil what I
call "the magic of being you" . This is about the fact that you know
yourself best. That doesn't mean your context lenses apply to everyone
who observes or encounters 'You'. Thus, you have to be ready at all
times to accept insights from others.

You have a repeating theme that in my eyes is broken. It goes something
like this: time constraints and priorities are the reasons why we have
to make compromises that are politically insensitive.  The good and bad
of a global web is that we have a lethal vector. Once an anomaly is out,
it propagates exponentially. None of us have the power to reign it in etc..

Let's be gentle and inclusive. Nothing is utterly useless, irrespective
of its perceived imperfections. Likewise, nothing is perfect since
imperfection if a Universal feature :-)

WebID, Linked Data, the Semantic Web Project etc.. All have the ability
to to succeed on their own merits. Thus, they all benefit immensely from
politically savvy inclusion re. meme propagation.

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen