Re: Position Paper for W3C Workshop on Identity

On 23 Apr 2011, at 17:05, peter williams wrote:

> Webid doesn’t solve the trust problem. It just binds a key to a
> name/identifier, and specifies a validation procedure (for SSL).

yes, saying it solves the trust problem is wrong. It allows it to be
expressed in the way trust should be: very flexibly. Each agent
can decide on his own trust policy. Some may choose to trust Rappatoni,
others the CIA, and yet others Kadhaffi's enlightened leadership.

> Nicely, the same validation procedure works for other secure channel
> protocols (e.g. websso). [snip]

It would be tempting to discuss the meaningoflife issue (42) here, but
I have a few other priorities on my plate right now, sadly.