Re: ftp scheme

On 19 Apr 2011, at 18:49, peter williams wrote:

> I like ftp mostly because its inoffensive. Give it to most URI resolvers in
> a server lib , it will work as a transport for files. It not ftp I like, its
> that for little effort it proves multi-protocol'ness readiness - and an
> attitude of ensuring that brand new webid will work for 5+ years of legacy
> web (too). It helps show the limits of current conceptions. If the limits
> are drawn too tight (for almost any reason, including time resources), you
> know where a movement is on the adoption curve. Its still pitching the
> revolution, often - which only appeals to folks interested in the leading
> tail of the adoption curve.

yes, I like ftp for the same reasons.

At the very least it can help us work out how to write the spec. I'll add it to the list of issues. My feeling is that write now  people are concentrating on getting ready for California and Berlin.

Of course if someone comes up and provides a really good extra reason to support it
then that bumps up priorities.