Re: self-signed

peter williams wrote:
> The question is conformance, and the test suite that decides conformance.
> What defines a cert as conforming is what we can address in the spec.

So does the webid need to be sent /with/ a cert, or /in/ a cert?

Could a lookup on the public key be performed by some (trusted) third
party service to get back the webid? or even a mini profile of information?

Could a URI for a lookup service or directory be placed in the
certificate instead of a WebID? issuerAltName?

Could the URI be sent by some other means, or by some other extension?

Could CRL be utilized/hijacked to return back cert validity info and a
corresponding WebID? could it be made semi fault tolerant by leaning on
crlDistributionPoints?

no need for answers, just some questions to see where our boundaries are.