Re: self-signed

On 13 Apr 2011, at 14:31, Joerg Anders wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Apr 2011, Henry Story wrote:
>
>>  are you able to login to the simple test suite here with your WebID?
>>
>>  https://bblfish.net:8443/test/WebId
>
> Yes, I already used it and it is great! Please keep this tool as long as
> possible because I plan to perform some WebID experiments with our
> students.

I intend to work on it and RDFize it so that we can the build robotic
testers too. This should be my main focus over the next month.

> But a clear statement whether or not WebID will work with self-signed
> certificates were very helpful. Such a clear statement was here:
>
>           https://bblfish.net/#hjs
>
> but that link is broken ...

The current spec is here:

   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/

Let us know of any clarifications needed there.

WebID should definitively  work with self signed certificates.

What we (re-)discovered  yesterday was that verifying the validity dates
of self signed though not harmful, won't have much weight. As the tests
evolve these issues will be put into focus.

 All feedback welcome,