RE: RE: Authentication workflow draft.

If we wanted to use W3C standards (even partly), we could even post

<wsse: BinarySecurityToken Id="myX509Token"

        ValueType="wsse: X509v3"

        EncodingType="wsse: Base64Binary">

NIFEPzCCA9CrAwIBAgIQEmtJZc0 . .. The rest of the X. 509 base 64 data
FExErTECA .. .

</wsse:BinarySecurityToken>

over https (with client authn + SSL Sessionid).

All it has to be is something like (ignoring the SOAP bit):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms996951.aspx (Adding the X.509
Certificate Token to a SOAP Message)

could we be allowed JUST a tiny wee bit of SOAP (since java, and dotNet and
. all do the above, being so ancient a spec)? If not, then we are back to
fussing with mime types and encoding headers etc, per my last message