Re: WebID Test Suite

I  put an initial Clerezza servers up on bblfish.net with the WebId test endpoint running here:

   https://bblfish.net:8443/test/WebId [1]

This will show you

 - the public key from the certificate you used, if any
 - for each claimed WebId:
    which were verified, failed or are still unverified
    (that last option is to allow for asynchronous WebId checking )

The code for this component is in the Subversion repository here
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/clerezza/trunk/parent/platform.security.foafssl/test/

Currently the User Interface for the WebID test component is not good looking and it is not machine readable. What is most needed to be able to run automated WebID tests is to make the responses machine readable (excepting core SSL/TLS errors thrown when for example the private key does not match the public key)

So we can use
 - the cert ontology to describe the certificate
 - the test ontology to describe the tests on each webid

That is the next piece I will work on.

It will then be possible for someone to put together a test agent  for ISSUE-9 to try out things such as, connecting with

  - a certificate that works
  - a certificate with no webid that works
  - a certificate with some webids that work
  - certificates with WebIDs whose profile is in only one of a number of representations
    + RDFa representation
    + rdf/xml
    + turtle
     ( This can then be used to build a profile of server and see what representations it understands)
  - certificates that have expired, or that are too early
  - testing of support for HTTP redirects of WebIDs (when we have an idea what the behaviour should be)
  - profiles using old and new ontology
  - Profiles with short cache control directives (servers should do a new http GET at some point - my server won't and I don't think many will currently)
  - others

It could then use this to put up a report on the servers abilities. Perhaps this report could also be in machine readable format, so that test suites can be compared automatically.

  I'll work next on making my test endpoint machine readable.

Henry

[1] when it is more stable I'll move the whole instance to port 443. The 8443 port is there as a reminder that any data placed on this instance will be lost in a not too distant future
[2] The more fine tuned clerezza ui is http://bblfish.net:8443/dashboard/