-----Original Message-----
From: public-xg-ssn-request@w3.org [mailto:public-xg-ssn-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Semantic Sensor Network Incubator Group Issue Tracker
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2010 6:20 AM
To: public-xg-ssn@w3.org
Subject: ISSUE-9 (Ontology status after the closure of the XG): Define if
and how changes to the XG ontology should be managed after the XG is
finished

ISSUE-9 (Ontology status after the closure of the XG): Define if and how
changes to the XG ontology should be managed after the XG is finished

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/track/issues/9

Raised by: Laurent Lefort
On product:

The discussion with the Team on Action-30 "Define the final place where the
XG ontology will be delivered"
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/track/actions/30/edit has a corollary
issue: will there be some maintenance actions required after September 2010,
when the XG will be closed?

The current (normal) expectation with XGs (see
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/procedures) is that when they close, they
are done (except for a public mailing list that may stay open).

Is the SSN XG ontology expected to change after the end of the XG? If so,
what would be the decision policy for making changes? who would own the
resource? where do people send comments?

Will there be some projects (or a community) willing to exploit (and
eventually maintain or upgrade) the XG results for a period of six months or
more?

Note: it is VERY IMPORTANT to record the best we can the conclusions we will
reach for the latter issue and to include them in the XG report.

Note (reminder): the Incubator concept includes an option that has the
potential to efficiently transition Incubator Group (XG) work to form a new
(Recommendation Track) Working Group
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/REC-track.html