RE: ISSUE-5 (Separation of examples): Delivery of the SSN XG ontology and of examples in separate files

This discussion highlights the need for ontology-stores to always keep track
of the prevenance of triples.

The classic way to do this is reification of triples, of course, but for
somewhat inscrutable reasons that fell out of favour almost as soon as it
was conceived.

In fact most triple-stores are actually quad-stores and already include an
extra field which could in principle be used to support this.
Not clear that the APIs make it so easy, however.

Simon Cox

European Commission, Joint Research Centre
Institute for Environment and Sustainability
Spatial Data Infrastructures Unit, TP 262
Via E. Fermi, 2749, I-21027 Ispra (VA), Italy
Tel: +39 0332 78 3652
Fax: +39 0332 78 6325
mailto:simon.cox@jrc.ec.europa.eu
http://ies.jrc.ec.europa.eu/simon-cox

SDI Unit: http://sdi.jrc.ec.europa.eu/
IES Institute: http://ies.jrc.ec.europa.eu/
JRC: http://www.jrc.ec.europa.eu/

Any opinions expressed are personal unless otherwise indicated.