Re: The GeoSocial Universe

* On Aug 25, 2010, at 10:36 AM, Tom Morris wrote:
> I interpreted that as a statement, not a question.  The fact that your
> figure is so wildly different from theirs (1 or 2 million?) makes me
> wonder about the rest of their stats.

Tom, I think you're misreading the (not very well designed) infographic.

The little black circle doesn't represent the number using mobile
devices (and thus present that info only about Facebook users) -- the
overlap of the site/service circle on the mobile devices circle does.

The infographic *does* appear to differ from the FB press page numbers.
To my eye, JESS3 seems to be suggesting that about 200 million FB users
are using their mobiles on that site ... but that may be just as much
a relic of the poor design as inaccuracy of JESS3's numbers

Be seeing you,

Ted