Re: Privacy, security and social media management

Hi Renato,

Forgive me for my ignorance. What the heck is a "distributed" profile?

Is that the same as a "distributed" identity? I don't know what that is
either.

what is the opposite of a "distributed" profile?

Does one identity have many profiles?

Let's take a concrete example. I am one unique person (presumably). I am
under the impression that I have many profiles (Amazon, Expedia,
Facebook, Alumni of a university, subscriber of Swisscom, customer of
UBS, etc) each stored in a different "place" in cyberspace.  I have two
drivers licenses and four nationalities, each with some unique piece of
identification. Is that relevant? Certainly the US Internal Revenue
Service cares.

I'm really not sure how many "identities" I have but I know I can put
one of these legally recognized pieces of identification in my office,
one in my home, one in the bank. Does this make them "distributed"?

I suggest using different modifiers for profiles and identities.

Just with my mobile network operator perhaps I have one customer
identity (my mobile number?) and several profiles:
Personal profile
Billing profile

What do you (we) call a community profile which does not have a "real
name" associated with it? In many social networks people are discouraged
from using their real (legal) names.

I could go on with questions in this vein but I will await enlightenment
on the above.

--
Christine

Spime Wrangler