Re: Should I Stay or Should I Go: Statistics on people leaving Facebook?

From: Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 22:55:09 -0400
Cc: public-xg-socialweb@w3.org
To: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>

Le 3 sept. 2009 à 14:13, Harry Halpin a écrit :
>  reasons for leaving in general?
> [1] http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/30/magazine/30FOB-medium-t.html

1. One's own social network has moved to another site. You are a
follower or a pioneer
    Remember Orkut migrations, friendster, twitter, etc.
2. The new policy of the social network doesn't make people happy (ex:
Facebook policies change in the past)
3. A small social network is being bought by a bigCo and people don't
want to be part of it anymore (ex: Flickr bought by Yahoo!)
4. Some people realize that they spent far too much time on it and the
only way to be reasonable is to quit completely.

And certainly other reasons.

--
Karl Dubost
Montréal, QC, Canada