Re: Role of W3C in Open-Microblgging, and standards for the Social Web in general?

From: Evan Prodromou <evan@status.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 10:59:45 -0400
To: public-xg-socialweb@w3.org
Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Yes, I see OWF as an incubator or umbrella of sorts (I too am a member
> but confess to being slightly mystified about the focus, as well).

That's not what the OWF does! It's pretty important to note that. Here's
a link to a discussion I had on the subject earlier this year:

http://groups.google.com/group/open-web-discuss/browse_thread/thread/91329d5e80b3fa89

I've asked several times for help from the OWF in incubating OMB. I've
been told pretty clearly that their role is... something... related to
laying out IP agreements... or something... and helping people make
standards is totally outside their goals.

I would really be excited by any help in moving OMB forward from the
W3C. We definitely need it!

-Evan

--
Evan Prodromou