From: public-xg-socialweb-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-xg-socialweb-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Norman Gray
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2009 7:22 AM
To: Dan Brickley
Cc: public-xg-socialweb@w3.org; foaf-dev Friend of a; chaals@opera.com;
tandm@xanadu.net
Subject: Re: [foaf-dev] SocialWeb anti-pattern wiki? today's annoyance: name
too long/short/weird to fit

Greetings.

On 2009 Oct 18, at 11:32, Dan Brickley wrote:

> not everyone understands 'first name' as meaning the same
> thing, and that the rule "all first names must have 5 < x < 20 chars"
> makes no more sense in Croydon than in China.

And just in case anyone is rash enough to think that that's all there
is to i18n, there's an entertaining discussion of names at
<http://blog.jclark.com/2007/12/thai-personal-names.html

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.