Re: Task Force Organization Proposal: Meet right after SWXG Telecons

On 14 May 2009, at 17:23, Harry Halpin wrote:
> and Joaquin Salvachua for the Portability Task Force. Each should have
> a back-up, any volunteers?

I'm happy to serve as back up on this one.

> There was also a "context" task force that seemed popular, but no
> definite leader. Perhaps for the time being it should be merged with
> Portability?

Not really directly related. I am quite interested in Context, as were
others, but not enough to lead it. Why not let it float for a bit and
see what happens?

> Organizationally, what we want is telecons for the task forces that
> have 10-20 people in them, thus giving people time enough to speak and
> really get work done. However, what we don't want is telecons that are
> unattended or confusing, with extra bureaucracy.
> allows people to attend only the telecons they want and keeps group
> smaller.

Wow. To my mind a call with 10-20 people on is too big to get real
work done. But then I imagine most of the actual work happening
between calls via email and wiki. I see the calls as being more like a
daily (or rather weekly) standup - succinct updates on progress and
removing obstacles.
--
Peter Ferne,  +44 (0)7970 942 261,  petef@jivatechnology.com