Re: Twitter and Iran Elections

Hello All,

I am writing to say that unfortunately I will not be able to make this
weeks telecon, my apologies.

Furthermore, on the topic of Iran and Twitter, I have attempted to
send an email to the member-xg-socialweb@w3.org email address (not in
the public domain), and have had the email returned to me from the
sender, stating that I can't write to that mailing list :( I will
resend when I get sufficient permissions.

Regards,

Mischa

On 17 Jun 2009, at 12:45, Pierre-Antoine Champin wrote:

> Karl Dubost a écrit :
>>
>> Le 16 juin 2009 à 14:46, Harry Halpin a écrit :
>>> I'm sure everyone has now heard about the roll Twitter is playing in
>>
>> s/Twitter/$coolAppOfTheMoment/
>
> +1 :)
>
>> Le 16 juin 2009 à 14:57, Alex Korth a écrit :
>>> Opera Unite [2], i.e. hosted by the users themselves. Opera Unite
>>> based Microblogging, hey that's cool! ;)
>>
>> You just have to block unite.opera.com domain for shutting down
>> everything. Not really distributed.
>
> right, but at least people would still have their content untouched,
> and
> could publish them again using another medium.
>
> So I think Opera Unite makes a difference, even though I agree with
> you
> that its dependance on unite.opera.com is a bit understated in the
> buzz
> around it.
>
>>> I'm told the concept of "re-tweet" (well, re-dent) will be in a
>>> future
>>> identica/laconica release. This should make it easier to
>>> programmatically retrace the sourcing of microblog'd comment...
>>
>> which can be an issue, because identi.ca is centralized for now.
>> My wish is that laconi.ca would be easily installable on each machine
>> and could communicate with each other (maybe through dynamic dns)
>> with
>> caching messages for later.
>
> and the same for Opera Unite would be great as well :)
>
>  pa

Mischa Tuffield
Email: mischa.tuffield@garlik.com
Homepage - http://mmt.me.uk/