Re: List of Social Networking Sites from Alexa

It seems to me the big email providers gmail,hotmail (not sure about
yahoo), to be becoming much more soical in format.

I just logged on to hotmail and the functionality seems much more like
a social net than a webmail provider now.

These are major players, hotmail and yahoo have 300 million users
each, gmail around 150 million.

The interesting thing about this is that email is federated almost by
definition, whereas most social networks are not yet.

Perhaps there will be a trend where social nets become more email
like, and email providers become more social?