Re: Online Meeting for the Portability and Distributed Architecture Task Force

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Peter Ferne<petef@jivatechnology.com> wrote:

> On 1 Jul 2009, at 12:47, Harry Halpin wrote:
>
>> I was under the impression that we could have the Portability and
>> Architecture Meeting next week, July 8th [1]. Does that still work for
>> people?
>

> That works for me
> --
> petef

Im also interested in contributing to this TF.  Here's a list of
social nets I've been following that that interesting portability
features:

name: github
URI: http://githiub.com
feature: allows you to perform operations from your desktop/shell
using SSL / PKI

name: idenit.ca:
URI: http://identi.ca
feature: federeated following to other laconi.ca instances, open source

name: qdos
URI: http://qdos.com
feature: allows arbitrary editing of machine readable profile using
FOAF (which allows links to friends in other networks)

name: gmail
URI: http://gmail.com
feature:  allows a variety of features to contacts gleaned from your
email activity, without explicit friend linking

name: libre.fm
URI: http://libre.fm
feature: marks up pages using machine readable data, can federate for
example your journal from other other social nets

name: openlink data spaces
URI: http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/Ods
feature: login with FOAF+SSL (plus others)