Re: First Teleconference: Wednesday May 6th 13:00 UTC - setting agenda

Mischa Tuffield wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Firstly, great stuff getting all of this organised, I can only imagine
> how much work it was tracking down peoples' constraints in order to
> satisfy them, go Harry &  Chairs !
>
> So, I thought I would also write a short introduction about myself, am
> not sure if this common practise but here we go :

Yes, great work everyone!

I'll introduce myself as well... I'm Matt Lee, founder of Libre.fm -- a
free software social network dedicated to music. We've been going since
March 31st, and we already have almost 3200 users, 422 thousand songs
and over 2 million recorded listens in our system.

The project is divided into two components at the moment -- GNUkebox,
the server component which records what people are listening to, and
Nixtape, which provides a web front-end to all the artists, albums,
songs, users, events, groups and other items in our database.

The next stage is to provide an interface for bands who license some or
all of their music in such a way that anyone getting it can freely remix
and redistribute the music, to create and manage their profile on the
site, as well as providing features for them to interact more directly
with their fans.

All our code is licensed under the GNU Affero General Public License.