Re: Use case for XG Recommendation: Integration of Business Information Systems

ashok malhotra wrote:
> Thanks, Soeren!  I will put this in because we need an enterprise
> usecase but I wish we had one that was more specific.

Ok, we can of course try to make it more specific. We can for example
integrate the following paragraph between the two existing ones:

In Supply Chain Management (SCM), for example, it is vital to exchange
product catalogs and other goods related information within a network of
interconnected businesses involved in the ultimate provision of product
and service packages. Such information is stored in relational databases
and sometimes already exchanged electronically, but a variety of
different technologies are used (e.g. proprietary files, XML files, DB
dumps, Web Services etc.). Realizing a completely electronic information
flow requires significant initial investments and currently limits the
flexibility of businesses (e.g. with regard to changes in business
partners). The envisioned RDB2RDF mapping language applied in
conjunction with existing RDB based SCM systems will support the use of
RDF and unique identifiers for realizing flexible information
information flows accompanying supply chains.

We could also add a sentence that this use-case will be evaluated with
Oracle and Virtuoso.

Sören